Monday, August 31, 2009
This dish is a new favorite that was recently added to our menu. Some friends on Facebook really liked it and we thought it should be our first recipe for the blog.
• ½ lb. spaghetti pasta
• ½ bag of “Fajita-style” Chicken strips (Tyson makes great chicken strips!)
• 2 egg yolks
• ½ cup of milk
• 1 Tbsp. of (Extra Virgin) Olive Oil
• ½ cup of Ranch Dressing
• Bacon bits
• Garlic Powder, Oregano, Italian Seasoning, Salt and Pepper
• 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook the chicken strips in a heavy skillet.
Cook the pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, combine the dressing, egg yolks, milk, oil, cheese and seasonings in a medium bowl and beat until well blended.
When the pasta is cooked, drain and immediately return to the pot. Stir in the egg mixture and toss thoroughly until combined. Add the chicken and cheese and toss again to coat. Serve immediately.
Have additional Parmesan cheese available at the table.
Recommended Side Dishes:
• Garlic Breadsticks
• Mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce
• A sweet/fruity wine or wine cooler (Seagram’s Wild Berry wine cooler is great)
• Iced Tea (with or with out lemon and sugar)
• Add a spoonful of sour crème to the sauce.
• Don't have bacon? Try Bacon Ranch Dressing. (We like Hidden Valley)
You Said It:
Amanda LeFever: "Two thumbs up from my household! I will be making it again!"
Shannon Maple Pennington: "Sounds yummy!!!"