When it comes to breakfast, there really is nothing better than Scrambled Eggs. Here is the recipe we use in the O'Hurley's kitchen.
• 3 eggs
• 2 Tablespoons of milk
• 2 teaspoons of butter
• Salt, pepper, and spice to your taste
Melt the butter on low-medium heat in a sauce pan or small pot.
Whisk the eggs, milk, and spices (incl. the salt and pepper) until you get a nice bright yellow mixture that is smooth. A note on spices: I have an Italian blend of spices that I like to add with a dash of oregano and garlic powder.
When the butter has melted, add the egg mixture to the butter. With a wooden spoon or spatula, move the egg mixture around as it hardens so that it cooks evenly.
Add the cheese.
There is a huge debate over when the scrambled eggs are done. Some people like soft scrambled eggs; others like them very dry. Use your judgment on when you think the right consistency has been achieved.
Recommended Side Dishes:
• Meat (ham, bacon or sausage)
• Toast or English Muffin with jelly and/or jam
• Hashbrown Potatoes or Tater Tots (Ore-Ida makes great potato products!)
• Ham cubes or Bacon bits
• 1/2 cup of Ranch or Bleu Cheese dressing (Yes, we have a "thing" for Ranch!)